Whistler Summer Activities
Whistler may be a world-renowned ski and snowboard resort, but the fun doesn't end when the ski season does. In fact, Whistler came to be not because of skiing, but because of the quality of summertime fishing.
Whistler is absolutely stunning during the summer seasons, and there is no shortage of activities. Skiing (yes, peak top up into the month of July), sailing, fishing, whitewater rafting, canoeing, kayaking, jet boating, helicopter sightseeing (you can even land on a glacier), golf, golf and more golf (4 beautiful designer courses, including one by Jack Nicklaus), mountain biking (the views are breathtaking), hiking, and finally tennis, but this time try it outdoors.
The Whistler Racquet Club is located right next door to Montebello, offering both indoor and outdoor tennis courts and a newly constructed swimming pool and spa. Located within, the popular locals'-secret Wildflower Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner on location, year round.
Whistler/Blackcomb mountains are in walking distance from Montebello, where you can enjoy summer skiing (you are able to descend the peaks up until July), hiking, and sightseeing. The Whistler Farmers Market, at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, offers incredible artisan crafts and locally-grown foods. The Family Adventure Zone, also at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, has fun-filled activities (such as luge, bungee trampolines, trail rides, go-karts, mini-golf, and more) guaranteed to keep the whole family happy.
There Is No place In the World like Whistler
Spend your summer vacation in Whistler. Whether it is on the golf course, on the beach, skiing, or biking on the mountain, we'll have you saying, "There is no place in the World like Whistler." For any information on activities in the summer, please feel free to contact us.
Our Favourites: More Things to Do in the Summer
- Ski & Snowboard on the Glacier of Blackcomb Mountain
- Base of Whistler Activity Zone
- Rent Mountain Bikes
- Rent Bikes to Cruise around Whistler
- White Water Rafting
- Canoeing & Kayaking - River of Golden Dream
- ATV tour
- Saturday Night BBQ on Whistler (Late June)
- Gondola Ride up Whistler - Hike, Play games
- Meadow Park Recreation Center - swim, skate, work out
- Sight Seeing: Neighborhoods of interest: Blueberry Hill, Nicklaus North
- Hike or Bike the Trail System ( Tim Pants, Valley Trail)
- Downhill Mountain Bike
- Zip Trek
- Whistler Bungee
- Hummer Tour
- Base of Blackcomb - Watch downhill bikers finish their runs!
- Picnic at one of Whistler's amazing parks; Rainbow Park, Lost Lake, Alpha Lake, Lakeside
- Stroll through the village